Blog Archive

Friday, November 21, 2008

Holding our Breath

Holding our Breath sums up so many things right now! In about 3 hours, our amazing friend Rochelle will be coming through international customs at metro airport with her new daughter Paige! I'm am so excited, I just want to leave now for the airport! I'm so proud to call Ro my friend. She is one of the strongest people I know. She also knows what is important and right in the world. Paige has no idea yet how lucky she is to have such a great mom. What stories she will hear when she gets older about how she came to live in America during such turbulent times.

I am also holding my breath over a couple new job opportunities. I have been working a temp job that is ending in 2 weeks, so the pressure is really on! I am staying positive and with either position, will have to jump in and really focus on making them successful. I find it hard at times being a mom, which is always a full time + job and balancing all the rest. Yes, it can be done, but doing it well? That's the real challenge.

So, I take a deep breath and think of Rochelle. She traveled alone to the other side of the earth to bring home an almost one year old. She definitely did it well- you can see by the look on her tired face! She is all smiles. And shortly, when her friends and family meet her at the airport, there are definitely going to be a lot of tears! We love you guys!!!!

No comments: