Blog Archive

Friday, April 24, 2009

How old are we really?

I read an article earlier in the week. It talks about my generation and trying to define who we are. Who are we supposed to be? Part of me doesn't care what people think of me anymore. That definitely comes with age- some is wisdom, some is that I'm just plain tired out!

Since becoming a mom, working full time hasn't become harder, it's the time when you're not working that's completely out of control. How much can you pack into a weekend? There's laundry, housecleaning, Amanda's activities, family obligations. I get back to work on Monday morning where it's extremely quiet and I sit for a few minutes and let my mind catch up to my body. Most people my age don't feel their age. I can still climb trees with Amanda, do a cartwheel and can out run her if I have to. Who do I need to be? A logistics guru- no boss who has a working mom under them has REALLY seen her multi-task, unless he sees her at home. That's the game and some days go better than others. Grandparents really help if and when they can. We tried in the beginning to not take help- life becomes way more complicated when kids start school.

So Saturday starts with softball at 9am and horsebackriding in the afternoon. Sounds pretty glorious. More to come on motherhood and marketing. Much more to come from Amanda Says:

Yesterday, she said, "More respect for the momma, and you can write that on Facebook."

No comments: