Blog Archive

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

From China with Love


Once again, I became an emotional wreck last night! I saw photos of my girlfriend Rochelle in China! She is in the process of meeting and bringing home her daugher Paige. The wait for her and her husband was really long. Two and a half times longer than ours. I can't even imagine waiting longer than we did for Amanda. Rochelle did it well. She was calm and convinced that each day that passed was for a reason. And she was right. The wait led her to Paige, the daughter she was meant to have. How does one finally get to this philosophical place? Perhaps it's years of wanting a child and being disappointed and then getting back to hope. I have said to others, that I can't imagine giving birth as being any more intense. Yes, many of us adopting moms and dads come with extra baggage, but once we travel to meet our children, we know which baggage to pack! Here she is, Miss Paige. The newest member of our girlfriend club!


No comments: