Blog Archive

Monday, November 3, 2008

Meet me on Avenue Q

This Friday night, I’m going to see Avenue Q! I’m so excited and it will be nice having a night out with my husband. I’ve heard some of the songs from Avenue Q and read a few reviews. One writer called it “Reality Bites meets Sesame Street”. What do you do with a B.A. in English? Well, about the same thing we’re all doing right now; trying to make it on our big dreams with little money! I know I am going to love these characters. I’ll report back with which one I liked most. I know I’m lucky- part of me is grounded because I’m a mom, but my career has crashed along with the stock market. I feel like I’m starting over again. “Sucks to be me”? Not really, for I truly have that optimistic Muppet outlook. I can’t wait to sit in the beautiful Fisher Theater and be carried away by this Broadway musical which promises plenty of laughs. What could be better than that? Having a good friend who invited us to go!

No comments: