Blog Archive

Friday, August 29, 2008

Managing Life

I bought Oprah's magazine the other day because the theme for September was all about being too busy to live. I haven't had time to read it yet. You may have noticed that the Amanda Says blog now has a new header with a couple shots of Amanda and some Chinese folk art in the middle.

I started a temporary assignment with the company Rob is working for and it doesn't require creativity. I also realized that this is okay and what I'm doing there is helping people who may not be able to help themselves and most of them are pretty grateful. I'm also "talking" to people, in the office and on the phone. We're not emailing, sending instant messages or communicating in acronymns. The really neat part is the other folks I trained with and I work as a team. And the executives in charge are right there with us, supporting us and making a difference too.

So, even if we seem "too busy" to read a magazine or answer all our emails every day, we are living. And if we're able to make a difference in the lives we touch, we're living well.

No comments: