Blog Archive

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A Swimmer Indeed

Welcome to a brand new Amanda Says blog! Due to circumstances beyond my control, my old blog was deleted.

This Friday, the Olympics in China will have their opening ceremony. We Americans say "Bay-jeeng". The proper way to pronounce it is "Bay-gin". We are going to cheer on our American team while we reminisce about the place we visited 5 years ago. Seeing the athletes today outside the Forbidden City brought tears to my eyes.

Amanda and her Auntie and I went to the pool this afternoon. I wanted my sister to see Amanda jump off the diving board into the deep end of the pool. My sister couldn't believe it. Even more amazing was watching Amanda swim all the way across to the other side of the pool. She swam the length of an "Olympic" sized pool! I couldn't believe my eyes. I swam behind her just to make sure she could grab me if she needed to. There were plenty of lifeguards as well. We got to the other side and I was holding Amanda in the water and the lifeguard said, "You really shouldn't have her here if she can't swim". I let go of Amanda and she just swam away. I told the lifeguard she can swim and I was just holding her because she's my baby! :)

Amanda wanted to jump off the diving board one more time. As she did, I turned to the lifeguard and she made the funniest face of disbelief. Hmm, not quite 6? Future Olympic swimmer? Probably not, but I'm so proud of how far she's come this summer!

Amanda's favorite camp song: "Baby Shark" bah bah, bah bah bah bah..baby shark!

No comments: